Quickbooks SDK files
Once these are installed you will be able to sync from Tailwind to Quickbooks
Open QuickBooks and ensure you have the company open that you want to synch to and that your QuickBooks file is open in single-user mode.
Within Tailwind, open up the synchronization tool. This can be found by navigating to “Tools” and select “Accounting: Synchronize with Accounting Application”. This will open the “Accounting Transaction Synchronization” window:
Click on the “New” button and you will have another window: You are creating the source here and will only need to do this once.
- Package: choose the version of QuickBooks that you are using. If you are unsure of the which package you are using, select the closest name from the list provided, and contact Tailwind Support for assistance.
- Invoice # format: choose the invoice number format that you want to use.
- Branch: choose the branch
- Home currency: choose the correct currency
- Earliest trans.: Choose the date that you want data to start synching from Tailwind. This is the date that you want financial posted records to start flowing over. Any invoices, invoice payments, bills, or bill payments dated before this date will not synch over to QuickBooks.
- FileName: using the ‘browse’ button (“…”) on the right-hand side will allow you to choose the correct QuickBooks file you wish to synch with. Ensure you are using the file that ends with .qbw. Please make sure that the file address stored in Tailwind is identical to the file address used to open the file in QuickBooks.
Select the correct file name will open up a dialogue box within QuickBooks called “QuickBooks – Application Certificate”. This box will allow you to grant Tailwind the necessary permissions required to be able to synch. The “Application Certificate” window looks like this:
- Set the radial button to “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open”.
- Once the permission is granted, sections for “Taxes” and “Accounts” will appear on your synch window. This is where you will map tax types and accounts in Tailwind to the respective tax types and accounts in QuickBooks. It will look like this:
The items listed on the left belong to Tailwind and you will associate them to the correct tax type or account in QuickBooks, which are listed on the right. The right-hand side accesses your chart of tax types and accounts in QuickBooks:
Ensure that both the tax types and accounts lists are mapped in their entirety. The synching process relies on these mappings to be carried out accurately. The lists can sometimes be quite long, so please make sure to scroll down for both the Tax Types and Accounts sections, as every item should be associated. At the very end of the list in Accounts will be your actual bank accounts.
Once you have associated or linked all accounts and tax types coming from Tailwind to QuickBooks, click on the “Save & Close” button in the bottom right-hand corner. This will bring you back to the main screen of the “Accounting Transaction Synchronization”. You can always access these settings by double-clicking on the source line from the main accounting synch window:
The items you see ticked on the window above are the items that will synch over to QuickBooks. Please note – Personnel is not ticked. Do not synch any personnel, personnel bills, or personnel payments to QuickBooks. Since you will have to do withholding taxes for your staff, personnel payments are always recommended to be handled out of QuickBooks, rather than Tailwind.