Before the Tailwind CMS 5.0 client can connect to the database server, it must be configured to point to the correct server and database.
This is done by creating a new connection document through the client login screen, or editing an existing one.
To configure the Tailwind CMS client to connect to the database, you will require the following:
- A working installation of the Tailwind CMS client
- For further details, see the article for Installing the Tailwind CMS 5.x Client
- The name or IP address of your database server
- The name of your Tailwind database
- If you do not know the name of your database or server, contact your system administrator or the Tailwind Customer Success Team
Create a New Server Connection
- At the login prompt, click New
Describe the Connection
- Describe the connection you are creating — typically with your Company Name — and click OK
Select the Database Server
- Under Select or enter a server name select your database server from the drop-down list
- If it does not appear in the list, it can be typed in manually
Choose the Database
- Under Enter information to log on to the server ensure that Use a specific user name and password is selected
NOTE: The user name and password can be left as ‘sa’ and blank
- Under Select the database on the server enter name of your CMS database, typically CMS_MAIN
NOTE: The database drop-down will not populate unless you have a valid SQL username and password indicated. If you do not, simply type the database name in manually.
- Click OK to save the connection and return to the login screen.