Small-to-mid-sized sized carriers can now get real-time visibility into shipment, equipment and driver statuses feeding directly into their TMS
Tailwind Transportation Software, an Envase Technologies Company, is pleased to announce a new partnership with Samsara, the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, effective immediately. Samsara’s vehicle telematics and driver workflow solutions will now be integrated into Tailwind TMS, and available for all Tailwind Enterprise or Unlimited user tiers.
Samsara has proven itself as an industry-leading connected operations company, and now, its fleet services will allow Tailwind users to benefit from greater visibility into the status of their drivers and assets. This outstanding technology ecosystem enables real-time remote asset management for the transportation and trucking markets, all from within Tailwind TMS. You’ll be able to boost your operational efficiency with Samsara’s real-time location and communication system in order to reduce client inquiries, increase customer satisfaction, and win more business for your company.
“Samsara provides a streamlined workflow between the driver and office, minimizing ‘touch points’ and check-calls, ensuring the visibility of assets and shipment detail,” says Kyle Shaw, Director of Product Design and Delivery at Tailwind, “and this allows customers to focus on important tasks rather than spending time calling or messaging drivers for status updates.”
Tailwind Enterprise and Unlimited customers will benefit from Samsara capabilities such as:
- Building communication confidence. Directly message drivers from within the TMS using the chat features built into the Samsara Driver App, streamlining real-time information to where and when you need it most.
- Refining remote asset management. With Samsara, your dispatchers can see real-time location information and track your company’s equipment anywhere.
- Planning the next stop on the road. Dispatchers can send trip details directly from the Tailwind TMS to the Samsara Driver App so that drivers receive information on their next destination quickly and easily.
- Receiving driver information seamlessly. Drivers can update their arrival and departure status directly from the Samsara Driver App, and this will immediately update their trip status in the TMS.
- Making it all happen automatically. By setting up geofences in the Samsara dashboard, as your driver approaches and leaves their location, their trip status will be automatically updated in the Tailwind TMS. This update can also take place in a Tailwind user’s customer portal, to keep end customers informed and happy.
“Samsara’s integration with Tailwind is designed to unlock insights around connected driver and dispatcher workflows and importantly, make those insights accessible to small and mid-sized trucking companies,” Christopher Mozzocchi, Director of OEM and Technology Partner Integrations at Samsara. “By syncing GPS, route dispatch, progress updates, and messaging between Samsara and Tailwind, these organizations can increase visibility and in turn, operate more efficiently.”
You’ll need to have an active account with Samsara in order to get started. Learn more about this new opportunity to streamline your transportation company operations by booking a time with a Tailwind Customer Success team member or attending the Real-Time Visibility with Tailwind and Samsara webinar on June 23rd.
– 30 –
About Tailwind Transportation Software:
Since 2002, Tailwind has helped thousands of small to mid-sized trucking companies and freight brokerages improve their cash-flow, profitability, and better compete with the big players in the market. We provide award-winning, web-based Trucking & Freight Broker Software that you can access while at the office, at home, or wherever you need to be. No installation charges. No maintenance fees. No time wasted. Start your free trial in less than 60-seconds.
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara’s mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com
Tailwind Transportation Software (an Envase Technologies Company)
T: +1 866 441 0441 ext. 5901
Share this Post